PRAISE FOR LUKE SMITHERD’S WRITING:
“… a novel that intrigues, enthralls, horrifies, thrills, and hits the reader with an emotional resonance as only the best stories can.” – Ain’t It Cool News.com
What do the dead do when they can’t leave …and don’t know why?
The afterlife doesn’t come with a manual. In fact, Hart and Bowler (two ordinary but dead men) have had to work out the rules of their new existence for themselves. It’s that fact (along with being unable to leave the boundaries of their city centre, unable to communicate with the other lost souls, unable to rest in case The Beast catches up with them) that makes getting out of their situation a priority.
But Hart and Bowler don’t know why they’re there in the first place; if they ever want to leave, they will have to find all the answers to be able to understand the physics of the dead. What are the strange, glowing objects that pass across the sky? Who are the living people surrounded by a blue glow? What are their physical limitations in that place, and have they fully explored the possibilities of what they can do?
Time is running out. Their afterlife was never supposed to be this way, and if they don’t make it out soon, they’re destined to end up like the others. Insane, and alone forever…
In this creeping, mysterious debut novel from the author of the Amazon #1 Bestseller THE STONE MAN, the richly-built world of THE PHYSICS OF THE DEAD will slowly draw you in with an icy grip until you are left gasping.
PRAISE FOR LUKE SMITHERD:
- “I couldn’t help myself and read this is one sitting” – simon211175, Amazon Vine Voice
- “Fantastically written characters who make you care about them right from the off.” – Andy Pettifer
- “It was one of those books where you tell yourself you will read just one more page, then look at the clock and realise that it’s 2 hours later. I would thoroughly recommend it” – Elaine Hosegood
- “I have owned a Kindle for about 2 years and downloaded some excellent books for very little cost but Luke Smitherd’s works beat the lot” – Silversmith, Amazon UK Review
- “As soon as I started reading I was completely sucked in, which very rarely happens for me. I couldn’t wait to get home and read it each night. I laughed. I cried. I did actual real life gasps of horror.” – Katie, Amazon Review
- “I spend a lot of time trawling through the kindle book store looking for cheap books, relying on reviews to make my purchases. I have come across some less than average books using this method, but also some real gems. This book definitely falls into the latter category. It had me gripped from page one.” – Steve Sut, Amazon UK Review
- “This story could, probably should, be made into a movie at some point. I honestly have to believe that Smitherd should contact a producer/director and make a fabulous movie deal. Totally enjoyed the read.” – Bonnie Gleckler Clark, Goodreads
Subscribe to receive 12 new 4.5-star titles, delivered straight to your inbox each day by 9 a.m.